Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Michelle Obama goes glam for state dinner (with a dress by little-known designer Naeem Khan)

. Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Obama

Looking glamorous in an elegant strapless gown by Indian-American designer Naeem Khan, Michelle Obama welcomed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his wife Mrs. Gursharan Kaur to the White House Tuesday night and ushered in the Obama administration's first official state dinner.

Obama

Though she's become known for her (sometimes controversial) high-fashion risk-taking, tonight Mrs.Obama chose a dress with a classic floor-length cut in a subdued gold fabric and paired it with a light shawl. Her makeup was kept to a minimum and her hair done in a dignified updo. The entire ensemble seemed traditionally feminine and sophisticated, reminiscent of the first lady's more conservative predecessors.

Obama

But there were a few Michelle-style flourishes, including a pair of elaborate chandelier earrings and a stack of glittering gold-and-diamond bangles piled high on her left arm. Her choice of Khan as designer is also characteristic of this first lady, who often favors little-known artisans over big names. Khan has been on the fashion scene since 2003, and has outfitted youthful celebrities such as Beyoncé, Carrie Underwood, and Jennifer Lopez. He has also dressed dignitaries like Queen Noor and designed the costumes for the 2006 movie "Dreamgirls."

Obama

Tonight's look may mark a sartorial departure for Mrs. Obama, a shift into more sophisticated, luxurious, and regal attire, rather than the playful, accessible, less-polished clothing she's worn thus far.

It will also mean a big shift in popularity and business for Naeem Khan, who--like the first lady's favorite designer before him, Jason Wu--is more than likely about to become one of the most-searched and sought-after names in the business.


Obama


[shine]

19 Comment:

james said...

I think this blog is good! Is there a way I can subscribe to any more of your post. I must read more of your blogs if that ok?
Sunglasses blog

Mia said...

That top picture is lovely, with Obama and that man in a turban (I'm sure he is a very important person but unfortunately I don't know who he is).

Mia said...

The font colour for the comments is too dark - I can't read the comment I have just posted.

Mia said...

I cannot subscribe to this blog feed on Google Reader. Hopefully you can fix this when you get a chance, because this looks like an interesting blog ;)

William Crawford said...

You're comment text is so not clear. I can't seem to read own comment. Please change.

Pink said...

@ Mia, Thanks for information, :D.
The font color for the comments had been replaced.
to blog feeds on Google Reader. I have not been able to fix it, because I am very busy. Maybe later. thanks

phone said...

barrack obama memang fenomenal, presiden kulit hitam, tapi saya rasa dia layak untuk mendapatkan posisi tersebut

Web Money said...

I love the image and hope this will be sign of unity and peace for more collaboration and development.

Description of Virgo said...

I really enjoy this blog and the insight from everyone who participates. I find it to be refreshing and very informative. I wish there were more blogs like it.

Valentine’s Day Flowers said...

I like your post “wrap-up”. I got chance, a geek’s blog so well that I like this wither it would be specifically for me or not, but over all a nice blog as post,

Phone Lookup said...

Well I was also thinking to have such site for me, as you are redeployment in your site often, but are you able to tell me from where you get all these substance or you inscribe it by hand.

One In All said...

The theme is fine in your website & it is well maintained by you, I cannot make my site nice with its appearance, the trouble is with the theme, I am looking for a chilled theme but free of charge.

Agencia De Enfermeria said...

This is fresh for me to your web-site & after penetrating some pages I have determined to break in your journey often, as I have liked you site a giant quantity.

hawthorn hedge said...

Good Post!

 Idol Lash said...

The design is good in your web page & it is well taken care of by you, I cannot make my website awesome with its overall look, the actual is with the design, I am looking for a cold design .

Dick said...

wish I was there too!!! haha

domain name search Kenya said...

Obama is very down to earth. Thank you for covering such a great man

Blog27999 said...

Easy "water hack" burns 2 lbs OVERNIGHT

More than 160000 women and men are trying a easy and secret "water hack" to burn 1-2 lbs each and every night while they sleep.

It is painless and it works on everybody.

This is how you can do it yourself:

1) Grab a drinking glass and fill it half the way

2) And then use this amazing hack

and become 1-2 lbs lighter in the morning!

Blogger said...

If you're trying to lose weight then you certainly have to jump on this brand new custom keto plan.

To produce this service, certified nutritionists, fitness trainers, and cooks united to develop keto meal plans that are productive, convenient, economically-efficient, and satisfying.

Since their first launch in 2019, hundreds of people have already completely transformed their body and health with the benefits a smart keto plan can offer.

Speaking of benefits; in this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-certified ones given by the keto plan.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Biography of Sorts .Powered by Blogger.com | Revision by 1001 Tricks